To live more independent lives, I am putting together a list of senior safety products.
I will endeavor to make this an all-encompassing list, as new products will be added all the time.
It should be noted that I will take these recommendations seriously, and will only recommend a product under two instances…
- Someone I know personally uses it (in most cases this will be my mother)
- I have extensively researched the product myself
And as I make these recommendations, I will focus on two things…
- The ability of the product to enhance the lives of seniors and enable them to recapture their independence
- Economy-I will look for the product that will give you the most value for your money
So with this in mind the list of senior safety products is below…
You can search for grab bars or any other senior safety products in the search box below, which has just about every single thing a senior could ask for…from bathroom grab bars to incontinence diapers…and everything in between.
- Bathroom grab bars-these will allow seniors with mobility issues to get up and down off of the toilet more safely
- Bedside commode-this device lets seniors toilet close to their beds at night, meaning that they do not have to travel in the dark to the bathroom
- Big Button Phone-these types of phones will allow visually and hearing impaired seniors to be able to communicate effectively.
- Chair Lift-a device that enables seniors to utilize all levels of their house safely without having to climb stairs.
- Clocks for Senior Citizens-these specially designed clocks are ideal for those who are visually or hearing impaired.
- Electric wheelchair-for those who are unable to operate a conventional wheelchair
- Lightweight wheelchair-designed to be strong enough to support but easy enough to push
- Magnifying Glass with Light-a great way to help seniors who are visually impaired to be able to retain their independence
- Pill Crusher-enables seniors to safely take their medications without having to swallow the pill whole.
- Raised toilet seat-this allows seniors to stay higher as they sit on the toilet, making getting up and down easier
- Rollator-this is a walker with wheels and a seat as well
- Rubber Jar Opener-a simple little gadget that will help people open cans with needing others to aid them
- Shower bench-this enables seniors with mobility issues to transport in and out of the shower safely
- Walker-designed to assist seniors with mobility issues to move about on their own
- Washable incontinence bed pad-perfect for those seniors to wet the bed at night
- Wheelchair Ramps-for seniors who have difficulty with stairs, wheelchair ramps will enable them to get in and out of their homes more safely.
Return to the “Stuff Senior Citizens Need” Homepage