There are several reasons that I am truly excited to write about Great Call and their line of Jitterbug phones.
Many cell phone companies have developed senior-friendly plans…meaning there are affordable, providing cheap or even free cell phone service for seniors.
But Great Call has taken things to the next level with not only great cell phones designed especially for seniors, but with amazing applications and features that will not only give seniors peace of mind, but their children as well.
John Walsh introduces Great Call’s 5-Star Response System
Simply put, it is a terrific phone for seniors that Great Call has put together. It is designed to create a very simple and practical experience for the user. My father likes to refer to it as a ‘brick with an antenna’.
And this is what most seniors are looking for. Sure, there are the tech savvy seniors and for them the iPhone is terrific. If that’s the case, go get one. But I am talking here about phones that…
- Back lit with large, separated buttons so that it is easy for people to use who have arthritis.
- Phones with extra-loud speakers so that those with hearing aids are able to use them.
- Text on the screen is larger than on most cell phones so those who have trouble with their eyesight can read it.
- Incredible simple navigation with “Yes” and “No” buttons to make navigating a piece of cake.
- Dialing “0” puts you into immediate contact with the GreatCall operator for immediate, 24/7 assistance.
- Bluetooth accessible for those who wish to wear a wireless headset…or a hearing aid.
- A 30-day money back guarantee.
- Every Jitterbug comes with an optional service, Jitterbug Nurse. You have the ability to call and get your medical questions answered by a live nurse, 24/7, all straight from the Jitterbug phone.
- And they run promotions where you can get a free charger with your order.
I am also impressed with the cellular plans that GreatCall has put together for the Jitterbug. The most economical starts at $14.99 a month with…
- 50 nationwide minutes monthly.
- No contract. You pay month-to-month.
- No cancellation fees.
- Your minutes carry over if you don’t use them.
- No roaming charges and no data charges.
…and go up to $79.99 with unlimited minutes and texting for someone who will be using the phone as their primary phone as opposed to a land line.
But as good as the Jitterbug is and the plans are, the best part about GreatCall is the service and the applications that come with the phone…
The first is the medications management application-this is available as a free download and can be used on the Jitterbug. What this does is reminds you when to take your medications or vitamins via text message.
And an even better part about the medication management program, it connects you to your local pharmacy to manage the refilling of your prescriptions!
The 5Star Urgent Response system-I have to say that this is the single most amazing application that I have personally seen for any smart phone. And it is worth every penny of the $14.95 a month if you need it.
At the push of a button, you are immediately connected to a team of skilled, trained certified response technicians. With GreatCall’s technology they can determine your location, notify family members of the emergency, call 9-1-1 for you and stay with you on the line until help arrives.
This is a live 24/7 emergency response system that is available in over 100 languages anywhere in the USA. You can learn more about the 5Star Response System by visiting the GreatCall website.
- The check-in call, where a senior will receive a daily call to see if they are ok.
In addition, GreatCall reached a partnership with the American Automobile Association [AAA] to offer discounts and special programs to members.
AAA members receive a 20-50% discount on phones, depending upon the model chosen, as well as a 5% discount on monthly cell phone plans.
Overall, I would have to say that GreatCall is the ideal choice for the phone and service that seniors need these days.